Charley Pride


Who can imagine a black man singing country? But, Charley Pride have done it before, moreover he is the most successful country music singer of all time, with 36 number-one hits. I wonder if he’s the only black-man ever to sing country music, and be so good in it. I will gradually try to play all his 36 hits in the future, so please stick with me. Something about Charley, Pride was born in Sledge Mississippi, one of eleven children of poor sharecroppers. His father named him "Charl Frank Pride", but because of a typing error on his birth certificate, he was legally born as Charley Frank Pride. As a teenager, he began to play the guitar. Though he also loved music, one of Pride's life-long dreams was to become a professional baseball player. In 1953, at age 15, he briefly played for the Memphis Red Sox of the Negro American League as a pitcher. The following season he played for the Birmingham Black Barons. I included a clip of Charley yodelling to one of Great Hank’s Song, “Lovesick Blues”. Oh my, he can really yodel well. I will also included a clip of him singing “Chrystal Chandeliers” soon (trying to look for the Video, please bear with me, I am sure I got it in some boxes). This is one of his most popular songs, but for the meantime I will load the song in the Jukebox 1. I promise, as soon as I find the dam video, I will load it for you guys. My mum loves this song and she would ask me to play it over and over again if she hears me playing it, so I better keep it down. Probably, my mum is keeping the video; I will ask her in the morning. You also can find “Does My Ring Hurt Your Finger” in the Jukebox 1.




MY STORE (Click to Enter)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Buy All Contemporary Albums Here

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us